Saturday

5/27/06 - Shady Spaces

Woke up to birds singing, a breeze blowing through the windows… feeling good! Hey… went in the bathroom and looked pretty good too… that new lotion gave my skin that “healthy glow” overnight! Put on Capri jeans, V100 t-shirt and pink ribbon ball cap and went to work. No need to dress up for a Saturday workday!

After work I went to Ellen’s Ice Cream and had one scoop of raspberry… sat at a little table by the window… and relaxed a bit. Capitol Street! It is sooooooo beautiful. Tree-lined brick street… lovely quaint little shops. I need to spend more time on Capitol Street. Yep, that’s the new me… hanging out in the street! But seriously, I sometimes forget how nice downtown is… and assume I’ll never find a parking space. But today I realized it’s worth the effort to find a parking space… and maybe like today… there’ll be one waiting for me. I was talking to Ric on the phone from Ellen’s and said that this (Capitol Street) is really our kind of place… we need to remember to patronize the businesses here more often… and what a serene and beautiful place to de-stress! I was watching the travel channel last night and was longing to go to Ashville, North Carolina… and I do hope we get to go sometime. But I realized we have charming little spaces here in the city where we live… we just need to remember to take advantage of what’s right under our noses.

We went to see The DaVinci Code this afternoon… a fascinating movie… then out to dinner at Sitar… to the bookstore. Came home and wrapped Sophia’s little birthday presents… with the help of the cats. Looked out back… Ric had scrubbed the deck, cleaned the patio table and chairs, put on the cushions, put up the umbrella, and planted petunias in the planter! Oh my… our little sanctuary is back! Thank you Ric! This will be our second summer in our house. I recall so many wonderful evenings… Ric grilling out… dinner on the deck… lighting candles after dark… drinking ice tea and lemonade. Ah, who needs a vacation? We’re blessed just to have a quiet backyard overlooking the woods… available to us anytime we choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment