Friday

5/19/06 - Day After

I’m so happy… I made it through the night without being sick. I’m still quite tired, but not nearly as bad as when I’ve been sick all the night… that was just too much drain on my body. I thought about going to work when I woke up not sick… but still felt more than the usual tiredness… and slightly dizzy after I was up for a while… and I knew I still need this day for rest and recuperation. As it was I took two 2-hour naps and one 1-hour nap…so obviously my body needed rest. I have to work tomorrow… so best to rest now… and be better for it for the next days and weeks. No guilt… I’m doing what I need to do to save my life.

Relay for Life

Danny and Gwen are walking in the Relay for Life tonight in Parkersburg from 1:00am-2:00am in my honor! Danny said he’s always read about the Relay for Life and has seen it on TV… and other events like it… and just thought “That’s nice… it’s a good thing,” and then went on to his next thought. But this year he read about it… and it had brand new meaning… and decided he would do this for his Mom! It always makes me proud when my children do good things… and let their hearts be touched to take positive steps (literally in this case!J) to make a difference.

The Bread of Life

I don’t have to worry about cooking, or rather worry about Ric having to cook, for the next few days. Jean, Sandy, Holly… have all made sure we’re stocked up for the weekend! Wow… this is amazing.

Mister Roger’s Neighborhood

Well, since I slept away most of the day… not much else to write about. Oh… we went to the bookstore tonight… and I bought the little book, “Life’s Journeys… according to Mister Rogers,” by Fred Rogers. (Oh how I love that my children got to grow up with his marvelous show on TV.) One of the first things that struck me was on page 15…
Anything that’s human is mentionable, and anything that is mentionable can
be more manageable. When we can talk about our feelings, they become less
overwhelming, less upsetting, and less scary. The people we trust with
that important talk can help us know that we’re not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment