Monday

6/12/06 - Never Alone

Lately my journal seems filled with a description of my newest pain, another medication side effect, one more emotional trial… or some other new obstacle to overcome. So much so that I think I should just quit putting this journal on-line for others to read… what’s the point? It’s not the first time the thought has occurred to me. But every time I think about not posting these journal entries on line… I get e-mails from women telling me how much the journal is helping them, or just how much they appreciate being able to read about how I’m overcoming the difficulties. I forget that overcoming and dealing with the obstacles… IS the journey. Still being able to smile at the end of the day… and be grateful for all the good things I’ve experienced throughout the day… despite pain or sickness… IS also the journey. No one ever told me this would be easy… but lots and lots of people told me that I would learn many things… and that I would see my life differently.

One e-mail today helped me realize that we, as women, put so much pressure on ourselves… that when things don’t go just exactly right… we think we’ve failed! We forget that overcoming an obstacle… is a success!

Another helped me realize that sometimes a “good attitude” is hoping tomorrow’s pain will be just a bit better than today… or that I’ll have learned how to tolerate it better.

Another shared her story of how the pain affected her as well… letting me know I wasn’t alone… and that I wasn’t being a big sissy!

And another reminded me that there are struggles in all of our lives… and what really matters is how we deal with the issues when they hit us.

ALL the e-mails told me that Ric and I were being prayed for, that God is looking after us, and He will continue to bless us.

No comments:

Post a Comment