Monday

6/5/06 - Good News

Woke up at 4 this morning… my legs in tremendous pain. Couldn’t sleep even though I’d taken a sleeping pill. There aren’t very many of the pain pills in the bottle… and there are no refills. Do I keep taking them every four hours… or try to hold off till I scream? Will this pain last throughout the whole Taxol regimen? I’ll call the doctor when I get to work. Finally decide to take another pill… if I run out, I’ll deal with it later.

Good day at work… lots of energy. Pain came back really strong at about 1:00… but didn’t want to take pain meds because it makes me sleepy... and I had to drive home. Took another pill at home and then slept for a couple hours… pain woke me up again, but not as bad. Went back to sleep… uh-oh, slept for four hours… I’ll probably not sleep tonight!

Received a call back from Dr. Cohen. He told me the bone pain will likely last for only about three days… and if I run out of medication, he will prescribe more… so no worries.

Also heard from Dr. Covelli today regarding MRI and PET scan results. Good News! No other cancer found! What a relief.

Bald is Cool !!!

Received the most wonderful card in the mail today! From my neice and nephew Meg and Skip, Jr. in Pittsburgh. Skip has just a little hair, and as long as I’ve known him, has shaved the rest. A photo of Skip is pasted on the front of the card… and inside it says “Bald Is Cool!” I laughed out loud. And I must say, we do look a lot alike now.

No comments:

Post a Comment