Thursday

6/15/06 - Six Down... Two to Go

I don’t like to count down the days… wishing time away. It passes too quickly already. But I can’t help but notice I’m nearing the end of chemo treatments! It was easy today, as the treatment itself always is. These last ones take a lot longer though… 5½ hours today. Because of the Benedryl I’m given during treatment as one of the drugs to prevent allergic reactions, I slept for a couple hours. The ½ doses of Decadron were apparently enough to prevent allergic reactions during infusion too… that’s good. Hopefully the lower dosage will help prevent the extreme emotional high, and eventual low that I experienced last time.

Felt only a little tired today. Tried to take a nap this afternoon (because I thought I was sleepy)… but couldn’t sleep. That’s odd, because lately there have been many times I think I could have fallen asleep on command!

Hopefully sleep will come tonight… it’s about 9:30 pm now… two weeks ago at this time I was talking my head off! I haven’t had anybody to talk to for the last couple hours though… Ric and Steve were practicing guitar… and now Ric’s outside watering flowers. My flat little friend here does not seem to be overheating from too-fast typing. So if this is the last journal entry for today… I may actually sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment