Sunday

6/11/06 - Ric Out-of-Town... Left Jeanne in Charge of the Kitchen

Woke up today very excited that my Mom and Dad and brother would be here today!

I made coffee for them after they got here. (I don’t drink coffee, and had never used our new coffee pot… Ric’s out of town today, but showed me last night how to make coffee… appeared to be simple… I didn’t take notes.) It seemed to be taking a long time for the coffee to finish… I went to check on it. Coffee was coming out from underneath the coffee pot. What in the heck did I do wrong? Did I not have the pot pushed in far enough? Fumbled with it a little bit. Eventually it was “finished”… but my six cups of water resulted in five cups of coffee.

I talked to Ric on the phone later and told him what happened. “Oh no, Jeanne, you messed up the coffee? Did you remember to make sure the filter didn’t fold over when you closed the thing?” “Ooops… no… that explains it.”

Dad spilled his coffee. I poured him another cup. I noticed when I took the empty cup to the kitchen… there were grounds in the bottom of the cup! Yuck! I know that’s not supposed to happen. I made a new pot of coffee later… being very careful that the filter stayed in place. Was finished in a jiffy and 6 cups of water netted 6 cups of coffee! Everyone drank some again… no complaints. I gave Mom a travel mug to have some to drink on the way home. She spilled it. Uh… my parents are kind enough not to poke fun of my coffee making abilities… but they went to great lengths to not drink it! :-)

What a terrific, wonderful day we had… catching up… recalling old memories… laughing… eating… and making our plans to open up our own Starbucks. Okay, the last part’s not true. But truly a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment