Friday

6/23/06 - Here's Your Sign

Turns out I did worry needlessly yesterday. Doctor had my new prescription ready and I picked it up today. I’m covered. Intense pain through the night, even with medication, but manageable today.

My feet and ankles are very swollen today. I think I did this one to myself. I’m supposed to be drinking lots and lots of water, which I usually do, but the past two days I’ve given in to a craving for iced tea. Yesterday morning, I went to McDonald’s and asked for tea with extra ice – got tea with no ice. This morning went to Arby’s, got a large iced tea with the ice, but no straw. Apparently these were just little signs I wasn’t supposed to be doing this anyway. An occasional glass of tea is okay, but that’s all I drank for two days. Dumb move. Back to mucho agua.

Lighthouse Café

We had our first “Lighthouse Café” at the church this evening. It was a huge success. Every table was filled. Beautiful ocean/lighthouse themed table decorations with shells and candles, refreshments and goodies, soft ocean sounds, a terrific music line-up (Rich Allen, Tyler Davis, Ron Sowell, Ric Cochran & Steve Schumacher, and Sackcloth2Joy). What a wonderful, relaxing, thoroughly enjoyable evening. We’ll be doing it the third Friday of every month… the live music entertainers will vary. Hats off to our new music director Branita, and to Ric and everyone involved in making this a wonderful new option for a way to spend an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment