Friday

6/30/06 - No Sleep and... Lots of Energy?

No Sleep and… Lots of Energy?

Got only a couple hours sleep last night. When the alarm went off this morning, I pushed snooze 3-4 times before I could finally get up. This is going to be a tough day, I thought. Wrong. By the time I got to work, blood circulating, muscles working again… I was pretty good. An hour later I was actually energetic. Probably fake energy… the Decadron I took at 8 a.m.! At any rate, I made it through a busy day at work… went to the hospital to get the Neulasta injection. Intended to take a nap when I got home, but instead did dishes, three loads of laundry, took a stack of newspapers to the garage for recycling, put clean sheets on the bed, fed the cats, made a pizza… obviously no need to sleep yet!

Big difference the day after chemo, from the first four treatments. Major fatigue and nausea… and now these last four… bursts of energy!

Since tomorrow’s Saturday, I don’t have to go to work as early as usual, so tonight I will take an Ambien to assure I do get some sleep. Regardless of how I feel, sleep is still necessary and important for healing.

Another day of feeling really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment