Monday

6/19/06 - Sunday

Beautiful day! Went to church, and then to visit the kids. Met our two new grand-critters… Smooch the Russian blue cat… and Howie the white Boxer! I love it when the family is together!

It’s the third day after chemo, and right on schedule the horrible bone pain returned. Despite taking a pain pill, I just could not sleep. Tomorrow will be a tough day, but I will make it through.

Monday

Just a few hours sleep again… could not sleep through the pain. Maybe there was still too much Decadron in my system for the pain pill to allow me to sleep. I’m finished with that for now, so I’ll probably be able to sleep after work.

Medicine – I’m aware of how easy could be to get into a cycle of taking too much medication. Take one medicine for one problem… it produces a side-effect that necessitates the use of another medicine… and on and on. In my case, I don’t take all the medicines all the time… so it all eventually works out. But I worry about, especially older people, who take tons of medicines for various ailments… and I wonder if it often causes more problems? And how do folks whose minds aren’t as sharp as they used to be remember to take all the meds and take them at the appropriate times? It can be very confusing.

Lots of pain today in my legs, but I just keep thinking that I’m on the downhill stretch! Came home and slept for a long time. When I got up, there was dull pain (the medication was working), but my legs would almost give out when I walked… had to be very careful. That got better after I moved around for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment