Friday

3/24/06 - The Blue Room

The day after my second surgery, I was crying in our bedroom and I told Ric I wished I would have gotten around to painting this room, since I might be spending some extra time in here, to rest.

Ric’s sister, Susie and her husband Skip, came down from Pittsburgh today and painted the whole room… my favorite color… blue! It was one of the most spectacular gifts! Ric had earlier told Susie about my statement and took her up on her offer, “If there’s anything we can do…”. When he suggested painting the bedroom, her reply could have easily been “You’ve got to be kidding” but she said “That would be the greatest blessing… to do that for her.” Can you believe it… came down from Pittsburgh, spent two nights and one day… and painted a whole room top to bottom!

It lifted my spirits in a big way. Better than my new blue room though was the spirit in which they did the project… with love and caring and a real desire to help. Plus, we just enjoyed visiting with each other too. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment