Sunday

3/19/06 - Sunday Morning

Getting ready for church today – trying hard to find something to wear that’s both comfortable and covers the drain on my side. Showering and movement to get ready much easier this morning. Not as tiring, not as much nausea or dizziness. I got a sweater over my head too! Praise for the little things.

I’m having strange sensations in my arm from tingling to feeling like tape is being torn from my arm – where there is none! I guess it’s nerve endings coming back to life. My underarm is completely numb – gonna have to get an electric razor… so I don’t do some serious damage!

I’m a little anxious about seeing folks at church. I know everyone is praying and caring for Ric and I. I’m nervous about hugs though… my left side is still pretty sore and then there’s that drain. No one can tell all that just by looking at me.

* * * * *
It was good to be at church! Ric and I had a nice easy day, at the bookstore for a bit, went out to eat, and watched the basketball game. WVU won… yea!

See the New Spring Colors

Seeing the trees beginning to bloom – a sign that new life is beginning in me! The cancer was found and now the healing is taking place. Confirms my image of what’s been happening in my body. I’m not fighting a battle. The cancer has arrived like a snowfall… setting a scene of softness and stillness – a time to reflect on the things in my life that are the opposite – stressful things that cause heartache. There’s a need for serenity and peace… it’s time to reassess, look at my life with new eyes and see how I can make changes. Snow can wreak havoc sometimes. But Spring always comes… it’s arriving now. The snow will melt away… beautiful, new flowers will bloom and take over… a re-awakening, a re-birth. Jesus is helping me to be born again!

That’s my image and visualization for healing. The chemo and radiation working together – providing nourishment and warmth for a healthy body.

No comments:

Post a Comment