Tuesday

3/14/06 - Doctor Appointment

Got full pathology results. I felt encouraged. Looks unlikely that any more breast tissue will need to be taken. Dr. Covelli explained everything very well. Radiation a necessity. Chemo maybe. I’m not scared of either one.

Sheila (Dr. C’s nurse) handed me three scripture verses today… to encourage and comfort me. What an angel she is.

We went to IHOP for whole-grain and nut pancakes (becoming a tradition after dr. appts.). Hoped Melissa would be our server. She was! And she IS an angel. “Have a blessed day” is what she always says.

Met two nurses today (Pat and Janice) who are breast cancer survivors. They both left me with a lot of hope and feeling more secure about what’s ahead. The pre-op testing took 3 hours – felt so bad for Ric out in the waiting room.

Healing Medicine

Went to Tierra’s play. It was so cute! Sophie wanted to come home with me. When I left their house, Tierra & Sophie stood just outside the door, waving and yelling “We love you Grandma!” Jill and Daniel were arm-in-arm just inside the door. I WAS BLESSED.

Love

So many co-workers and friends and people I meet are offering support. And Ric… I think I’m taking him for granted. He’s like a rock… right there beside me… in every step. I have NEVER felt alone or lonely. He understands it all… my scattered, sometimes erratic feelings, the things I’m learning, new insights, that I feel faint at the sight of blood and incisions and needles. I can’t imagine going through this without him. I couldn’t have a better partner, buddy, friend. I love you, Ric… and right now “love is not a big enough word.”

No comments:

Post a Comment