Thursday

3/30/06 - Forward March

Woke this morning and the terrible pain was gone. Hurt some after I stood up and walked. Ric took the pressure bandage off for me, and that felt good. Didn’t really feel like going to work, but pushed myself to go… it was a good decision, because I felt better and better as the day went on.

Writing

I’ve been getting lots of e-mails from people reading this journal. It’s serving more purposes than I ever imagined. Some women (breast cancer survivors) feel not so alone now that they see I’m feeling and going through some of the same things they did. Some breast cancer survivors are recalling their own journey years ago and realizing how far they’ve come. Some without breast cancer, are making new and better choices in day to day living.

God, please help me to simply record facts and my feelings, without some “purpose” in mind. I know that others will relate, each in their own way, only if I’m honest and true in my writing.

The Birds & The Bees

Keeping close to nature keeps us close to all living spiritual beings. Thanks Kate. I keep finding hope in nature… and I’ve wondered how it all ties in. Now I get it.

My New Short Do

Got my hair cut short today. It was a bit sad to see it go (surprisingly). But it’s only hair… it’ll grow back! Found a new hairdresser with naturally curly hair herself… she did a great job… looks cute. Now I’m one step closer to having no hair. It was a good decision to cut it now.

TV Coverage

Penny Moss’ WSAZ-TV story aired this evening. Ric and I felt she did a good job in highlighting our objective – to compel women to take advantage of the current medical technology so breast cancer can be detected early. Penny was nice to work with. Hope the story has impact.

Lurking There on a Back Shelf Was…

I was looking through art magazines at Books-A-Million and got a paper cut. I screamed “Ow, ouch, oooh!” Ric stood there and laughed and laughed as I searched through my purse for a band-aid. He said, “You’ve had three surgeries this month, and that’s the most noise I’ve heard you make!”

No comments:

Post a Comment