Tuesday

3/28/06 - You Can Leave Your Hat On

I was looking through a catalog of caps, hats and wigs today… making a list of my favorites, picking out colors and styles, actually having fun… and suddenly it seemed so surreal… not frightening at all, just like I’d suddenly stepped into another place. Like when Dorothy stepped out of her front door into the colorful Land of Oz. I’m not in Kansas anymore. Just looking at the hats and wigs reminded me I’m in a new place now, with lots of new friends to meet along the way, and lots of new things to learn. It’s rather exciting.

TV Night

It’s American Idol night. Ric and I look forward to picking apart the contestants… instead of us being picked apart. A break… normalcy. (A chance for Ric to blow off some steam.)

TV Story

Penny Moss from WSAZ-TV came to the station today and did an interview with Ric and I. It went well, and she understands that my reason for going public is to raise awareness about breast cancer so that all women will be concerned enough about themselves to be checked.

Learning, Trusting, Growing

Reading and learning about chemo – side effects that may occur – so I can be proactive on my end to prevent and lessen these side effects. I want some understanding of how chemo works, so I can understand how it helps. I don’t need to know every little thing; information overload is not helpful. I want to know enough to believe that my treatment is what’s right for me medically. What I really need is to believe God is with me and in me and breathing new life into me! I pray that my eyes, ears and heart are open to receive his blessings.

Poking & Prodding Schedule

Tomorrow morning, the chemo port will be surgically inserted. Received three calls today re future appointments – heart scan on Friday, first chemo treatment next Thursday, doctor appointment on 19th. American Idols – Eat your hearts out… everybody wants me!

No comments:

Post a Comment