Sunday

3/12/06 - It’s a Jungle Out There!

The window was open, and I woke this morning to the sounds of the woods – birds, squirrels, and who knows what? All kinds of sounds… hard to sort them all out. The woods are ALIVE!!!

Ric’s Wit

When Ric talks to me or other people, he uses words like “abreast” and phrases like “tit for tat.” No finer comedian could God have sent me! His humor takes the sting out of words that could cause sadness.

Climb, girl

My dad called this evening with this Japanese haiku:

He said to the snail,
Go slow. Go very slowly.
Climb up Mount Fugi.

Take one day at a time, carefully. You can reach “the top.” The journey is important – it’s going to be filled with new things to learn, real growth, wisdom… and even more!

Take One First Grade Play… and Feel Better in the Morning

Tierra (my granddaughter) told me about her play at school on Tuesday evening (in Parkersburg). I wanted to tell her I’d be there, but I have surgery again on Wednesday morning, and I knew I should get rest. But my heart ached after the phone call. What I really want to do is GO to her play and see her sing and dance.

I read tonight in “The Healing Journey” that we need to identify stresses in our lives. Cancer is a gift that helps us to do that… and if we use that gift wisely we’ll make changes in our lives to alleviate that stress. I often do things I feel I “should” do, instead of what I “want” to do… and that causes my heart to ache, and sometimes break. What I really want is to spend more time with my children and grandchildren… and that’s in my power to change! What better time to start than right now? What I need more than rest before my surgery on Wednesday… is a happy heart.

Let God In

Ric told me tonight that whatever I read and find encouraging, hopeful, inspiring… I have to take the time with God to let Him speak to me about it… actually implement what I read into my life, with God at my side.

Bees to Mermaids

Finished the book, “The Secret Life of Bees.”

“God goes into the holes life has gouged out of us. God… our Mother.”

I didn’t want to finish the book, because it was soooooooo good… didn’t want it to end. But found Sue Monk Kidd’s new book (“The Mermaid Chair”) at BAM today… so I knew I could let “Bees” go… and let a new one come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment