Monday

3/27/06 - David Lee Cancer Center

We went to the David Lee Cancer Center here in Charleston for the first time and met with my oncologist (never thought I’d have an oncologist!), Dr. Cohen. Wonderful man, highly intelligent, keeps up with all the latest research about cancer… and he comes equipped with a sense of humor. (That’s a priority with me… I believe that character and compassion accompany a sense of humor… kind of a yin/yang thing.)

Discussed my cancer – although lump was small, my particular cancer did spread to the lymph nodes… so chemotherapy, in addition to radiation, is in order.

I’m ready to start treatments. Other than this “breast cancer thing” I’m really healthy… so I’m not entering chemotherapy already sick. I have a hopeful and happy attitude… and I know that will be a great asset in my recovery too.

Ric has helped me realize this is an invitation from God to enter into a closer walk with Him. When I become a partner with God, in the way He wants our relationship to be, I’ll not only be healed spiritually, I will better be able to bless everyone around me. (I don’t believe God caused this cancer… it’s just that now that it’s here… God is reminding me that his door is wide open for me to enter in… and experience unbelievable blessings!)

Chemo: The fluid that will run through my veins will be the pure light of God… cleansing, healing and nourishing!

My Prayer Tonight

“Oh God, I know you’ll be by my side – you’re here now – help me to remember you’re there. Let me never lose sight that this is a spiritual journey. I pray not for the strength to get through chemo, but for the vision to see what I need to learn, and the courage to change. If I can do that, strength will follow. My life is forever different now – may I use this experience wisely. Keep me focused on simply being faithful to you. You will use my words, my behavior, my very thoughts for good – but I must be real and honest to allow your work to be done. Help me to keep my sense of humor too, please. Oh yeh, I remember… you’ve already got that covered… there’s that “bald” thing coming up. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment