Monday

3/20/06 - First Day Back to Work

First day back to work after nearly 4 days off. Stayed too long today… I feel like I have a big cardboard box under my arm! What is this? Numbness meets sensitive nerve endings? It’s so weird. I actually check from time to time to see if something’s really there.

The day began with eagnerness to get back to work. First thing I did was check email and my computer did not have enough memory to open it up. In my weakened emotional state (which I had thought was pretty strong) I just sobbed… and was ready to quit. Somehow Rick Johnson found out I was crying… came to my rescue. Between he and Dave Harman, our IT person, and Mike Buxser, our General Manager, I had a new computer by the end of the day!

Cancer + Tears = Results
Maybe tomorrow I go in and cry because my house needs cleaned J

Seriously… my company told me they would support me through all this… and I mean to tell you, I sure felt taken care of today! I’m blessed… my employers and co-workers are my friends too. So many people at work offered their sincere support, and I’m confident the prayers they promise are being said. Yep… I’m blessed.

Tomorrow… I go public about my breast cancer… at 2:45… Ric and I together.

No comments:

Post a Comment