Saturday

3/11/06 - In Like a Lamb; Out Like a Lion

Felt great this morning… good, optimistic attitude! Ready to go!

Picked up books from my friend today – she promised again to be my contact anytime I needed her.

She was wearing a special wrapping on her arm – to help with a problem that was a result of lymph nodes being removed. She’ll deal with this the rest of her life. Although she told me that therapy and exercises after the surgery would be the best thing to do to prevent lymphadema, it still haunted me all day. I’m scared about the lymph node surgery.

And as strong and comfortable as this lady was with the double mastectomy she had to have… I’m not sure I’m ready to say “okay, no breasts” if it comes to that. I know that it’s a person’s attitude, personality and spirit that defines who they are… including me… but I just can’t think too far into the future right now.

This is tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment